Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Steam Powered Aereo Plane

When it comes to music, I often tend to stick with my favorite familiar artists (which encompass a wide range of genres and styles). Sometimes, though, an out-of-the-ordinary mood will possess me and I will take a by-way off the usual road.

I appreciate bluegrass and old-timey music, but don't listen to them on a regular basis. Today, however, I felt like it and wound up listening to a lot of John Hartford tunes (mostly from Aereo-Plain). While searching for lyrics, I somehow stumbled across the Old Crow Medicine Show. I had heard of them before, but had never listened to any of their songs. Anyway, I got hooked and spent a large portion of the evening listening to their stuff on YouTube. Here's the video for their song "I Hear Them All".



Lovely stuff, and I really want to see them live now!

In other updates, Script Frenzy is going along alright, I guess. I am up to 20 pages and am figuring out how to patch plot holes as I go. I am also learning more about my characters, who are going in some surprising directions.

As far as knitting is concerned, I finished the stranded tam'o'shanter that was to be a birthday gift and delivered it to its recipient. I am still working on the intarsia-in-the-round hat. I'm about halfway thru the chart and then I'll do the crown shaping. After that I need to figure out how I want to use short rows to shape the brim and do the duplicate stitch for the smiley-face details. I am pleased that I've learned about this method of intarsia, but doubt that I'll use it again soon.

1 comment:

ColorJoy LynnH said...

A 20-page frenzy is something excellent, congrats.

I'm working on a hat right now, too, in colors (of course) but not stranded... 2-color stockinette brioche stitch in the round. What that means is columns of color next to one another... one column in a solid purple and the other in slowly-changing silk garden green/turquoise/blue. I'm enjoying it very much.

Your post reminds me that I bought a Simon and Garfunkel CD (I owned the vinyl in the 70's) this weekend in Chicago... and I haven't listened to it yet. I'm so funny, my attention gets distracted so quickly!

Catch you soon, somewhere in town...