Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Brain Hurts

Today I had the pleasure of attending Susanna Hansson's workshop on Lapland Hand Garments over at Threadbear. My knitting buddy Cynthia was there too, and together we tried to wrap our heads around an intarsia-in-the-round technique unlike anything I'd seen before. We learned about traditional mitten designs of the Far North and worked on a class project to make wristwarmers with a traditional motif. I'll put up photos soon.

Overall, it was a good time and the 7 hours flew by. I am already thinking of ways that the special stitch used could be incorporated into other projects. I would love to do another class at Threadbear sometime soon!

2 comments:

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Wish I'd been there with you guys. Would have been sooo wonderful. I reserved that day for mittens but never rounded up the cash till the spots were all taken. Sigh.

LynnH

Jon said...

Hey Lynn!

We thought that we weren't going to be able to do the class either, because we were on a waiting list and didn't think that any spots were going to open up. Thursday night, though, Cynthia got a call from Sabrina saying that spots were open if we wanted them. (Susanna had increased the maximum number of students at the last minute.)