Friday, March 7, 2008

Unventing Things

I have been on the hunt for copies of Elizabeth Zimmerman's books for a while now (I know, I know, Amazon; but I like to flip thru a book before I decide to buy it). Anyway, I recently found a copy of "Knitting Without Tears" and have read it cover to cover within the last couple of days. I love her writing style and agree with the idea that had EZ lived a few years later, she would have made an excellent blogger.

More than the writing, though, I appreciate her approach to seamless sweater design. I now feel like I can make my own Lopi-style sweater on the fly, without having to slavishly follow someone else's pattern. I am really itching to start, and think that I will begin as soon as the current socks (done in basket-weave pattern) are finished.

No comments: