Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Knitting Update

Well, the chullo is coming along fine. I'm done with the boring liner part and about to start the pattern rounds. Here's a pic. You can see how the liner will look when it's folded up inside the hat.

In the interim, I actually had a quick project come and go. A friend saw me working on the chullo and said that she wanted a hat. I said "what color?" and she said "blueish". So I was thinking water and waves, then went hunting for a pattern. I came across the Wavy Gravy hat, which fit the bill pretty much exactly. I went down to the LYS to see what she had in Noro (which I had never knit with before -- it's an absolutely gorgeous yarn to work with!). I wound up choosing colorway #166, which is basically the colors of a peacock's tail -- lime green thru purple, cobalt blue and teal and back. It was a really quick knit; about 2.5 days, off and on.

The thing about having projects is that, for me at least, they breed more projects. Now I have an idea for another hat done in Noro (purple/red/orange) in the flame chevron pattern from Barbara Walker's 2nd Treasury. I also want to make up a couple of quick afghans done in Lion Brand Homespun on Speed Stix. I've never worked with those before and it might be fun.

Here's the flame chevron swatch that I worked up.

No comments: