Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of Classes

Today marked the start of a new semester, one which is a milestone in a certain way. This is the first semester with an assistantship, so now grad school feels much more serious and real to me.

The classes themselves went pretty well. The real analysis class seems like it will be a good, natural continuation of the classes I had with Dr. Fleming last year. Dr. Angelos seems like a reasonable guy. The stats class doesn't seem as intimidating as I thought it would be at first. I have to get familiar with a software package called R. I still want to pursue certification with SAS. As far as the Combinatorics class is concerned, I think it will be okay. I have a natural interest in the topic and am interested in learning more about it. I am going to have to sit closer to the front though in order to compensate for the professor's quiet voice.

In other news, Amazon tells me that my books should be arriving soon!

1 comment:

Jon said...

I enjoy reading your blog! Ich liebe dich sehr!